Accomplished and energetic IT Professional with more than 20 years of experience. Solid history of achievement in systems management, integration, standardization, project management, business relationship management and IT strategy implementation. Motivated leader with strong organizational, prioritization, and communication abilities. Proven track record of achieving exceptional results through creating and managing highly effective and collaborative teams, implementing cost saving measures, and increasing user productivity.
Director, IT Business Relationship Management
May 2017 – Present
Lead an IT Service Team to identify, design, develop, and support IT services across the IT Service Management (ITSM) life cycle, consisting of the Strategy, Design, Transition, and Operate phases. Responsible for identifying business customer stakeholders and understand their business capabilities and priorities. Establish, maintain, and nurture the business customer relationship while defining a communication and collaboration protocol that best fits the customer’s needs. Oversee the Strategic Business Initiatives (SBI) vertical.
- Capture and help shape customer demand and understand how demand aligns to current and/or future business capabilities.
- Collaborate with customers to select the demand items to implement based on needs, business value, constraints, etc.
- Help the business understand the established IT strategy while helping IT understand the needs of the business
- Manage an IT Service Management-based team of a Business Analyst, Service Architect, Service Delivery Manager, Service Support Manager, Validation Manager, and Service Support Manager.
Operations Delivery Manager, Field and Workplace Servcies
March 2016 – May 2017
Responsible for all end-user services for a client of 58 locations and 9000+ users. Directed a team of 167 technicians supporting all client users and firm senior leaders. Handled invoice management for the 3rd party support partner. Created strategies to enhance client’s asset management, hiring/termination, and ordering processes. Responsible for attaining defined support SLAs and ensuring all escalations were managed to a high level of satisfaction. Acted as technical lead on desktop-related projects.
- Managed highly effective support processes, resulting in the handling of over 42,000 tickets and 100% attainment of defined SLAs
- Oversaw the management of the client’s video conference systems and effectively managed over 10,500 events with a 99.5% success rate
- Built active relationships with each office manager at all 58 sites, resulting in a 30% week-to-week satisfaction rating increase
- Developed and conducted extensive training on customer satisfaction, increasing understanding of the client and raising customer satisfaction scores to over an 8 out of 10
- Created and distributed comprehensive reporting on support metrics, thus creating transparency between groups and with the client
- Acted as the escalation liaison across all 3 of the client’s regions, resulting in quick resolutions, high trust relationships, and increased customer satisfaction levels
- Managed over $2M in support invoices, ensuring billing accuracy and timely payment
Senior Manager, Enterprise Systems Management
Grant Thornton, LLP
May 2003 – March 2016
Oakbrook Terrace, IL and Denver, CO
Responsible for all systems management activities within the firm across 50 locations and 7500+ users. Directed team of 7 in executing all efforts around endpoint architecture, software integration/distribution, configuration and asset management, security operations, infrastructure operations, enterprise monitoring, and systems management software development. Created technology roadmaps and strategies, helped define and execute budgets, and managed complex projects to completion.
- Collaborated with senior IT leaders on strategies, budget, and technology roadmaps, resulting in increased customer productivity and satisfaction, reduced IT cost, and enhanced relationships with the business
- Created $6.2M in cost savings by reducing imaging times to 1 hour and optimizing the desktop/laptop environment and with enhanced technologies, solutions, and standardization
- Reduced server outages by 20% and realized $1.7M in annual savings through implementing firm-wide server health monitoring and by driving local office infrastructure standards and operations
- Oversaw the software packaging/distribution process and methodology, resulting in 30% quicker response to release requests and 50% increase in package distribution speed
- Decreased risk to firm data and facilitated greater control of critical firm assets by directing security operations such as patching, data encryption, endpoint backup, anti-virus/malware, and compliance reviews
- Managed $6M in leased assets with less than %1 loss rate and created a highly functional CMDB repository to support the other ITIL processes implemented by the firm
- Increased the productivity and retention by managing relations between IT divisions and business stakeholders, releasing quality communications, and providing technical and functional training
- Created and implemented a web portal and utility suite resulting in unified data, enhanced metrics, and greater reporting capabilities to drive business decisions
Experienced Senior Consultant, Team Lead
May 1995 – March 2003
Managed the global Novell network and directory services environment (1000+ servers). Developed solutions, management tools, and global training, and evaluated, recommended and implemented 3rd-party products, allowing the group to meet business data and reporting needs.
- Created technology strategy, developed roadmaps, and set standards for current and future solutions, paving the way for business growth
- Developed comprehensive documentation and training on industry standards, management processes, and best practices
- Presented global training sessions in Europe, Asia, and the U.S
- Architected a peer-to-peer LAN solution for client Audit engagements, resulting in increased user productivity for file sharing and business continuity
- Developed a suite of management tools to assist network administrators in proactively troubleshooting both end-user and back-office issues, resulting in increased user productivity and increased cost savings
Information Systems Intern
March 1994 – April 1995
Salt Lake City, UT
- Supported hardware and software needs of end-users and wrote troubleshooting documentation
- Designed and implemented database systems (MS Access)
- Developed inventory tracking applications in Microsoft Visual Basic
Regional Sales Director
March 1992 – March 1994
- Sold educational computer voice messaging technology to schools and districts nationwide
- Managed and supported company contact tracking database system
- Traveled and gave sales and training presentations around the country
- Regional Leadership Forum (RLF) Graduate
- Computerworld Honors Program Laureate and Finalist
- Computerworld Mobile and Wireless Best Practices Finalist
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Published article/case study with Intel on personal productivity
- Published study with Lenovo on hardware and user productivity
- Recognized (Grant Thornton IT) as Computerworld Best Places to Work in IT for 12 consecutive years
AFFILIATIONS and CERTIFICATIONS
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certified
- Franklin Covey 4 Disciplines of Execution Instructor
- Society for Information Management (SIM)
- Intel Enterprise Board of Advisors
- Code42 Customer Advisory Board
- Boy Scouts of America
- National Parent Teacher Association
January 1998 – January 1990
- Lived in Germany for 2 years, adapted well to the culture, and became fluent in the language
- Provided countless hours of volunteer work
- Held multiple leadership positions, having stewardship over large groups of people
Indian Prairie School District IT Strategy Committee
January 20011 – March 2013
Help define, plan, and execute the IT strategy for the school district’s 21 elementary schools, 7 middle schools, 3 high schools, and 28,500 students along with the 3,022 employees.
Scoutmaster, Committee Member, and Counselor
Boy Scouts of America
January 1999 – Present
Merit Badge Counselor and Committee Member
January 1999 – Present
- Conducting clinics for scouts to receive merit badge awards
- Helping and coaching boys to receive their Eagle Scout Award
- Serving on the local scout committee
March 2004 – August 2005
- Led a group of scouts in weekly troop activities
- Assisted and coached scouts to receive their Eagle Scout Award
- Participated in Scout Camp activities
Varsity Scout Coach
January 1999 – August 2001
- Led a group of 18 scouts in weekly team activities
- Assisted and coached scouts to receive their Eagle Scout Award
- Participated in High Adventure activities
Brigham Young University
Bachelor’s Degree, Business Management with Emphasis in Information Systems
1990 – 1995
Activities and Societies: Association of Systems Management
Major in Business with Information Technology Emphasis. Minor in German.
WHAT DO THEY SAY?
What have clients and co-workers said about me?
The IT support is improving slowly but surely all due in-part to your hard efforts. Where would we be without you? It's so important for us Office Managers to have that go-to person to escalate issues. I sincerely appreciate all you do. I know I can always count on a quick response when I ask for help.
He caught onto the invoicing process more quickly than anyone I have ever trained! This is one of the keys to managing the financials.
ou are incredibly thorough, attentive and available. These three characteristics are very valuable to me and I appreciate your continuous effort and attention. I appreciate that you are open to being a sounding board and freely engage in brainstorming with me. I find you to be a remarkable liaison for me.
You're doing a great job in communicating and keeping up with our IT issues. It is wonderful to actually have a contact when help is needed. Even with all our problems, having you as our go-to person has been a shining spot - making our little office seem just as important.
Thanks for your teamwork and collaboration. Your efforts seem superhuman. You always stand like a savior to us. How do you get done what you get done and sleep too?
I think you are doing a great job! Having gone from being an employee of ours to a contractor operating under a completely different system I know has been quite challenging. You are always very responsive. I have the utmost confidence in you. No matter what my issue is, I know you'll get it resolved as quickly as you can.
- Spending time with family
- Website development
- Audio/visual content development and publishing
- Graphic design
- Application Development
- Working with people
OFF-LINE RESUME VERSIONS
See below for off-line versions of my resume in different formats...
References are available upon request.
GET IN TOUCH
If you need any more information, have questions, or need my references, please contact me...